Monday, March 9, 2009

SOOO anywho

I have been thinking a lot about "How I maintain relationships". It was a topic you brought up a long time ago now, but a good one that I never wrote about.

So, obviously some relationships I maintain through face-to-face contact. Currently my school relationships are maintained in this fashion; however, when I am away from Bethany I use the phone. Just like with my friends and family back home I call often and text throughout the day, email is also productive when it comes to maintaining relationships through distance.

With friends, particularly the ones I keep in contact with back home, I call and text often, I email and send photos, and also we chat using Yahoo!messanger. I used to use Facebook and Myspace, but that was consuming a lot of time and was mostly used not even on the friends I keep in contact with (rather with random old acquaintances who pop up with random conversation starters).

With Gabe specifically, we maintain our relationship through telephone, face-to-face (when we can find the time), chatting, texting, emailing, playing games online together, voice and video calling on our laptops, and “snail-mail” (sending cards through the postal service). We are pretty much at any time working in one way or another on maintaining our relationship.

Since my family and I are not quite as close the main and really only way of maintaining our relationship is through sporadic phone calls and text messages. I guess every once in a while we send each other packages too. And, with Odie and me especially we email, chat and use the phone.


guess that's pretty much it

No comments:

Post a Comment