Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Born to Blog?

I guess I didn't do too bad last time then, eh?

Well, today is a little different. I have some things on my mind regarding my interpersonal relationship, which is kind of silly seeing as almost everything is regarding some kind of relationship.

So, Gabe and I are on this kick (so to speak) that we do not want to be like those young immature couples who fall in and out of love every ten days. We want love to be something more. I mean, it is, but we want to feel it. This was his idea, just so he gets proper credit, but we have decided to only say the words, "I love you" when we truly mean it and feel it with every fiber in us. This means, we do not just say, "I love you" as we are hanging up the phone. Or just text, "I love you" throughout the day. Don't get me wrong, we aren't saying that couples who do that are not showing real love or that when it is said in those ways that it isn't meant. But we just want it to be like the special thing it is to us. I guess that is it. We want it to be special every time just like we are to each other all the time. So we say it...when the time is right...when the opposite of us really knows the other has thought about it recently and really truly is in love with the person that each of us are.

So far, I think I really like it. It has really made every time that I have heard those "three little words" very significant in my day. It always brightened my day before, but knowing that there is more than habit or space fillers in those words really makes them mean so much to me. It is kind of crazy that it was something that we said so frequently before that I almost feel silly for not always having treated it with the uniqueness that it deserves.

I guess that is it for my insightful thought for the day. heh. I'll try again in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. This is particularly interesting in light of what we've read - on words and their connection to paralinguistics.

    What tone of voice tells you that the other "really means it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to describe the tone...It is just softer and spoken slower...

    ReplyDelete